Symptoms of coronavirus
- a cough
- a high temperature
- shortness of breath
But these symptoms do not necessarily mean you have the illness.
The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu.
- CALL 911
- DO NOT GO TO AN EMERGENCY ROOM, HOSPITAL, PHARMACY, PHYSICIAN OR ANY MEDICAL CARE PROVIDER
- STAY AT HOME AND AVOID CLOSE CONTACT WITH OTHER PEOPLE
- If possible, wear a mask with you are in public in a closed area
*The CDC recommends:
That individuals receive the influenza vaccination and engage in everyday, preventive measures to prevent the spread of germs and avoid illness, such as:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth and nose with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with individuals who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick for Codiv-19 it is recommended at least 14 days. The CDC recommends that individuals remain home for at least 24 hours after you no longer have a fever or signs of a fever (i.e., chills, feeling warm, flushed appearance) in case of Flu or Cold.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately discard the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Take any anti-viral medication prescribed to you as instructed.
*Additional information for the U.S. is available on the CDC website.